PM Kusum Yojana
Numerous agricultural programs are being launched by both the state and federal governments to help in increasing the income of farmers and reducing their costs.
One of them includes Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (PM Kusum Yojana) which was introduced in the year 2019 to ensure that farmers have access to electricity and water to farm.
This program aims to make sure all farmers can have access to solar pumps to water the crops which will enable them to reduce their electricity and labor.
Facts regarding the Solar Pump Subsidy
- Farmers receive subsidies of a 30 to 30% for the construction of solar energy and solar pump plants for the federal and government states.
- The farmer could install a solar power pump at a fraction of the price.
- Farmers can borrow loans through NABARD or banks as well as other financial institutions for up to 30 percent of their spending when they wish to lower the 40% of their expenses. The farmer is expected to only pay 10 percent of the total amount.
- Farmers can store the electricity generated through solar panel systems and then sell it to increase their income.
- It will benefit farmers over the next 25 years.
Who can apply for the PM Kusum Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana helps all farmers, large and small in India in reducing their farming costs.
However, it is important to note that the Government of India has established the following requirements for the eligibility of scheme beneficiaries:
- An applicant has to prove to be an Indian citizen.
- Farmers need all required documents to be eligible for the program.
- Under this plan, you are eligible to apply to purchase a solar power plant that has capacities ranging between 0.5 1 MW to 2 MW.
- Farmers can apply based on their own needs or the capacity provided by the distribution company should they wish to.
- If the farmer applies with the development company for an enormous piece of solar pumps the developer must earn annual revenue of 1 million per MW.
- Aadhar card for farmers.
- The ration card of the farmer is being used by the applicant.
- The farmer who is applying for a loan must have KYC.
- The farmer’s passport-sized photograph.
- The applicant should possess a checking account at a local bank as the grant funds will be directly transferred to it.
- Bank Account Details
How to apply online for subsidy on solar pump
For online booking of the solar pump on the grant, book for solar pump on the grant on the departmental website http://upagriculture.com/.
After the token is generated on the internet the farmer is required to pay the amount of the farmer’s share at the nearest Indian Bank branch within a week using a challan or the choice by the farmers will get canceled immediately.
Who to contact to obtain more information on the scheme
Farmers can call 783982078 for further information on how for installing solar pumps in their fields. To book the solar pump the mobile number of the registered farmer must be fed only.
Feeding another’s mobile number could result in the denial of the benefits.