Know complete information about the loan waiver scheme
The government offered loan waivers to farmers in many states so they could pay off their debts and get a loan from banks.
The Yogi government in UP is now ready to launch the loan waiver program. The state will be able to benefit approximately 5000 farmers.
We are today informing our farmer brothers about the loan waiver program of the UP government.
Why the loan waiver scheme will begin again in Uttar Pradesh
The scheme was stopped by Yogi Adityanath, the UP Chief Minister, in September 2019. This meant that many eligible farmers could not take advantage of this program.
Media reports claim that there were approximately 5 000 such farmers who were eligible for the scheme.
However, they couldn’t receive the benefits of the scheme. These farmers approached the High Court. The state government now wants to offer these farmers the loan waiver program.
The government would like to see farmers who are not eligible for the loan waiver program be eligible.
The state government is ready to restart this program. Budget provision can be made for this purpose by September-October of this year.
Which farmers’ loans will be waived under the scheme
According to a source, the loan waiver program will only be available to farmers whose petitions are pending at the High Court.
The government will soon provide funds in the supplementary budget to help with this. All outstanding agricultural loans owed to farmers can then be canceled.
Let us inform you that the Yogi Adityanath government announced loan waivers for farmers as soon as it became power in March 2017.
The Yogi Adityanath government announced that farmers would no longer be able to borrow money from them if they had taken out loans before March 31, 2016.
This scheme will waive the loans of marginal and small farmers. This scheme will allow farmers to get loans up to 1 lakh rupees.
How many farmers got the advantage of the loan waiver scheme till now
The loan waiver scheme in the U.S. has allowed the repayment of loans owed to about 86 lakh farmers.
However, 33,408 farmers still need loan waivers. The majority of these farmers are from the general category.
They have submitted their application and completed other processes. Now they can apply for a loan waiver from the government.
These farmers need Rs 200 crore to get their loan waiver. In this case, the High Court summoned also the State Government.
What is the loan waiver scheme in Uttar Pradesh(UP Kisan Karj Mafi scheme)
On 9 July 2017, the loan waiver program in UP was initiated. This scheme will allow farmers to get loans of up to 1 lakh rupees from small and marginal farmers in Uttar Pradesh.
This scheme will benefit small and marginal farmers in particular, so they can get loans and debt relief.
This scheme will only be available to farmers who have less than two hectares of cultivable soil (no more than five acres). This scheme will eliminate loans taken by farmers before March 31, 2016.
How to check your name in the loan waiver beneficiary list
The following steps will allow interested beneficiaries of the state to verify their names in the list:
- For this, first of all, the applicant has to go to the official website of Loan Redemption Scheme UP https://www.upkisankarjrahat.upsdc.gov.in.
- You will find the option to View Loan Redemption Status on the homepage. Click on this option.
- Click on the button to open the next page.
- This page will ask you to provide information such as bank details, address, branch, and credit card details. Once you’ve completed all information, click the submit button.
- The screen will then show you the status of your loan redemption.
How to file a complaint in the loan waiver scheme Uttar Pradesh (Loan Waiver Scheme)
If interested beneficiaries of the state wish to file a complaint under this scheme they can do so in the following manner.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the scheme https://www.upkisankarjrahat.upsdc.gov.in/.
- You will find the option to file a complaint on the homepage. Click on this option.
- The next page will appear in front of your eyes. You will need to fill out the complaint form and send it to Helpdex Collected.
Special Features of Loan Waiver Scheme UP
- This scheme will only apply to farmers who are the original residents of Uttar Pradesh.
- This scheme will allow the state to waive agricultural loans of up to 1 lakh rupees for small and marginal farmers.
- The farmers of UP must have a minimum of 2 hectares of cultivable land to be eligible for this program.
- This scheme will apply to farmers who took an agricultural loan before March 25, 2016.
- Farmers in the state must have a bank account. It is also mandatory to link the bank account to the Aadhar Card.